Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 19 - Side-tracked


About the photo:

On my way back to Des Moines today, I was again noticing the pretty surroundings. It wasn't as foggy today as it was yesterday, and since there was also more daylight and it was less dangerous than taking pictures WHILE driving, I said "what the hay?" and decided to stop for a photo adventure.

I pulled onto a side road right before Atlantic, Iowa, and got out of my car to take a few photos. I started with the tree you see below on the right. The ice hanging on it was beautiful! Then I moved up the road a little and took a few more shots. The one below on the left is one I thought was funny and ironic because it shows the dirty snow that's never shown in pictures, but always comes with this weather!


Assessment:
  • Color: Or lack thereof... I love the whiteness of this picture.
  • Contrast: The branches against the white sky are really cool!
  • Horizon: The fence on the horizon line is kind of eerie.
  • Composition: Of course... the rule of thirds!

No comments:

Post a Comment