Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18 - Snowstorm


About the photo:

Okay, so I know it's bad to try to take pictures while driving in a snowstorm.... BUT it was so pretty, and I just couldn't resist. This photo was taken on my drive to my hometown, Clarinda, on MLK, Jr. Day. The roads weren't really too bad (so don't yell at me too much), but there was quite a bit of fog, and it made my surroundings looks so magical. I took these with my small Canon PowerShot, and because I was focusing on the road, I didn't even really look at the camera while I shot the picture. This shot was my favorite of about 15 that I took.

Assessment:
  • Composition: I love the composition of this picture. The passenger-side door kind of acts as a frame, and I really like the reflection you see in the mirror. The main focus of the photo is in the center of the image, but I like how the ground acts as an anchor and the tree limbs extend up, almost vanishing into the foggy sky.
  • Color: I enjoy that this photo is almost monochrome in a blueish-gray shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment